Kai's Travel Blog for Family & Friends

Hello to family & friends - feel free to check in on my travels. I'll try to keep this relatively updated so that you can see where and what I am up to. On the right of this page are links to my schedule and hotels (for photo purposes). I do have class and a country to explore, so forgive me if these posts are not long or extremely detailed!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 4 - Aigina

Hello all,

Sorry that I have not posted for a couple of days, but you will have to forgive me for exploring this wonderful country. Since my last post, I have visited the Akropolis, the Agora and the old cemetary. Absolutely incredible places, and visiting/learing about these sites gives one a great perspective on one's place in history! There is much to share about these spaces, but I am busy tonight with homework, so you will have to take my word that I will fill you in on those experiences more fully when I have the time.

My power convertor has not been good about charging my batteries, so I had to leave the camera at home today. That is not a big deal today, however, because I have decided to move to Aigina - the island 14 miles from Athens - and will have plenty of time to see it when I live there! I can't possibly describe the place in the time I have here, but it was an amazing island with cozy beach towns, temples, and mountains. I ate octopus and squid (tenticles and all!) and a little bit of ouzo for dinner and explored some Byzantine church buildings.

Tomorrow, we are taking the bus out of the city to see more of Attica, and focusing on the battle at Marathon. There is a lot of classwork and I get back to the hotel exhausted, but it has been fun to go out with my group and make friends around Athens. I promise to share photos and stories on my next post, but I wanted to keep everyone updated. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Kai, I think I speak for the family when I say that though you are someone who has always been interested in all things media, your blogging leaves a lot to be desired.

    How about a little less ogling and a little more blogging!!!!!

    John

    ReplyDelete