Kai's Travel Blog for Family & Friends

Hello to family & friends - feel free to check in on my travels. I'll try to keep this relatively updated so that you can see where and what I am up to. On the right of this page are links to my schedule and hotels (for photo purposes). I do have class and a country to explore, so forgive me if these posts are not long or extremely detailed!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 6 - Museums in Athens



Today was a very relaxed day. We got the morning off to sleep in - first time we could sleep past 7. As you can imagine, it was very nice to be able to get a little extra rest.



We walked five miles to the National Archaelogical Museum (due to public transit strikes). The place itself was cool, and having time off to walk through some shady parts of town and into the university district was interesting. We found a cafe and enjoyed a light meal and a greek brew while the sun went down.

Yesterday, we took a bus around to a number of sites around Attica. We stopped by Marathon, a theater/silver mine and a couple of temples in the country before ending at the extremely picturesque temple of Poseidon. It looked over one of the most specatular views of the sea I have ever seen. Rocky outcroppings and big cliffs, the crowd of 75 or so people applauded as the sun sank beneathe the horizon. I wish I could share pictures right now, but my camera won't charge. I'll have some from other cameras, though. Hoping to fix that with new outlets.

I'm just about to leave for our ferry that will take us to Crete. The weather should be good, so I am looking forward to getting my swim on! I have been successful in wearing shorts for two consecutive days, and I'm hoping to make it a third tomorrow. More when I get the chance - best wishes from the birthplace of democracy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kai,
    The charger insert needs to be inserted the correct way in order for the battery to charge. I know it looks weird, but the contacts have to be touching. Check it again. Good luck and thanks for the pictures and news. We are jealous, but happy for you.

    ReplyDelete